Background

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day!

Well, after the first 2 days of school being cancelled....yes, you read that right... CANCELLED, I am now home and resting from the first day of school.  We had a storm push through our city over the weekend and it knocked out power for thousands of residents and businesses....as well as 40 schools.  So, needless to say, we couldn't start school as planned.  So, we already have 2 make-up days :o(

Anyway...We started today and I must have forgotten how tiring the first day is! :o)  I was lucky enough to have a handful of my students back from last year when I was in the Pre-K class, so that was nice, but for all the new babies, it was a new experience.  We had to practice walking in a line, going through the lunch line, staying in our assigned area during recess (or "teacher-directed P.E., as we call it in my district!) and not getting lost in the jumble of dismissal.  PHEW! Talk about EXHAUSTING! Maybe tomorrow I can actually teach something! ha!

I was so tired at the end of the day and I needed to head to church for Wednesday night activities that I just left my room as it was.  This was good for the soul at 4:30 when I left... however, it will not be good in the morning when I head back :o/ 

Since I have quite a bit to do tomorrow morning to get ready for the 2nd day, I am planning on getting to school early again...which means this tired teacher is heading to bed.

I hope all the other teachers out there have had a great start to their school year.... or, if you haven't started yet, then GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment